Sunday, December 5, 2010

SQUARELY UNFAIR

Tears stream down my face from the red pair,
Of my eyes as I stare,
Pensively through heavy rain into the darkness of the night,
I have lost clear sight,
But the mind still has a vivid visual,
How this world operates as usual,

Trouble follows already burdened minds,
While to the fortunate favor finds,
Hanger fills the malnourished,
As flavor adds to stomachs dearly cherished,
Plague feasts on ailing souls,
While in the mighty health covers the holes,

The humble with poverty scratch their itches,
While wealth keeps hunting riches,
Animosity feeds on the hated,
As passion invigorates love already sedated,
To those sorrowing grief pays a visit,
While joy welcomes and hands happiness a seat,

You’re now all very aware,
This life is so very unfair,
It breaks me to know I can do nothing,
And those who can don’t care about a thing,
So I cry and continue to wonder,
Am finding it difficult to go to slumber,

2 comments: